Baker McKenzie has over 30 years' experience in delivering innovative advice and solutions to food industry businesses across the Asia Pacific.
The depth of our legal knowledge and experience in Asia Pacific is unrivalled — lawyers in our 17 offices across Asia are locally qualified and experienced in advising on regulatory and operational issues for multi-national food businesses that want to trade in their market. They have clients and experience with a wide variety of foods and beverages as well as in food services.
Our team has a detailed understanding of the challenges and opportunities facing food companies in these jurisdictions and provide results for leading food brands on:
- food and safety compliance
- brand protection and management such as clearance of packaging, advertising, social media campaigns and product
- labelling as well as managing advertising complaints by both competitors and regulators
- regulatory compliance enforcement issues such as food safety and product recalls in Asia Pacific
- import/export regulation in Asia Pacific markets
- drafting and negotiating a range of multi-jurisdictional commercial agreements relevant to the food supply chain
- consumer and trade promotions
With our global and local network of food law professionals, in-depth sector expertise and cross-functional teams, our team is uniquely positioned to provide efficient and practical results for food businesses looking to exploit the growing Asian food market.
This team regularly works together on clients and issues to provide a seamless service crafted to meet the particular requirements of each client. We have worked together to develop this online resource and share an interest in this emerging area of law and regulation. We will be actively involved in all relevant law reform initiatives impacting the food industry in the region and in keeping this resource up to date.